Dark Wolf Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Wolf Forums

Let the Darkness engulf you into our world of fiction. A world of Vampires, Werewolves and Creatures of fiction. Welcome to Dark Wolf Forums.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My story I have to write on Native americans

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yachiru
Online Good Guy
Yachiru

Female Location : Enjoying my life.
Capricorn Rat

My story I have to write on Native americans Empty
PostSubject: My story I have to write on Native americans   My story I have to write on Native americans EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:42 pm

My story is on a Native American girl from the Archaic time period please read it and give a rating from 1-10 with how far I am right now

I awoke in a cold sweat half way threw the night. I quickly brushed my brow trying not to think of the offal nightmare that had disturbed my sleep. I stood from my bedroll and pulled on my pants and my beaded shirt. I slipped my sandal on my feet and put my knife in my belt. I grabbed arrows and a atlatl then stood and made my way past where my sister lay fast asleep. I slipped past my mother’s and father’s bedrolls and silently made my way out of out wiki-up’s door.
I ran careful not to disturb the vermin of the earth or the fowl of the air perched in their trees. My running slowed as I heard the wolf call out to the moon. When the call stopped I reached the edge of the trees and looked up the rock surface that stood before me.
My family has always called my Flower Girl because I did everything with flowers when I was but a young girl. But I was a girl of adventure and danger now. Yet I am still called the same thing. I don’t understand that but not only that, I don’t understand my animal medicine…… I’m a wolf. As this thought entered my mind my hand moved to the wolf totem around my neck. I moved my hand away while the thoughts of how I received it flooded my mind with an ocean of memories.
I shook my head trying to get the memories to leave. When my mind was clear from the memories I made my up the rock face watching my every step as I leaped like a gazelle from rock to rock until I was near the top of the cliff. I turned to see a wolf staring straight as me. I knelt hoping it would accept my presence here in its territory. It let out a low growl and moved toward me. I stayed still and bowed my head to let it know that I was not here to hurt him. Much to my surprise it came up to me and licked my nose as if I was its leader.

I woke from the dream that I had had every night for a turn of the moon now. I heard my mother calling out my name and stood still trying to figure out what my dream meant. “Flower Girl I have been calling for you for quit some time now.”
“Sorry….” I muttered under my breath as I let out a long yawn.
“Would you mind going out and gathering some berries for the hunting ceremony tonight.” She said lowering her eye brows at my messy hair. “After you fix up your hair.” She said handing me tightly woven string to tie my hair up with. She had made these for me since I was a little girl and they seemed to work wonders.
I took the string from her and smiled I then made my way outside to a small brook that was near our little encampment for the hotter days of the year. I leaned over the small river and peered into it splashing water in my face and pulling my hair back. I heard foot steps behind me but when I turned around much to my surprise my clans leader stood over me smiling down at me.
“You ready for your first hunting ceremony tonight?” He asked looking at my mess of what most would call hair.
“Yes I am.” I said smiling back at him. He was a nice man who never seemed to be in to much of a bad mood. “Oh and uhh..” I said moving a strand of hair out of my face that had fallen over one of my eyes. “I had the dream again…..” I said looking up toward him with a worried expression on my face. He knelt down by me and worked threw the knots in my hair.
“Don’t worry.” He said as he begun to braid my hair. “You know that it is just your animal medicine calling to you to no longer be mad at it….. If you must when the men go hunting tonight you can go to the area in your dream and speak to the wolf that is calling to you.” He smiled down at me and motioned to my now beautiful braided hair. “Loving Bear will be sure to give you her blessing if you just ask for it.” My smile grew at what he was saying.
“But my parents……” I said but he cut me off with his hand.
“I will tell them that you must take this journey on your own and that you must be aloud to do so.” He said smiling. I jumped into his arms hugging him tight. It was odd for most tribes to hug their leader but I could not help myself.
He held me close and silently whispered in my ear. “You should go when the wolf calls to you with his howl.” He then pulled away and smiled a encouraging smile. He then stood and went back to his other business taking care of the preparations for the hunt tonight.
I then stood and made my way back to where my mother was in the corner of our wiki-up finishing up the last touches on the basket I would be using to gather berries. She turned and smiled at me holding up a beautiful basket with thread running threw it with beads that were forming a wolf by a flower. “Wow mom… I…. I don’t know what to say.” I said amazed at how real it looked.
“I guess you can say that this is your gift for all of your hard work lately.” She said handing it to me.
“It must have taken you forever….” I said looking up at her but she was obstructed by the tears that were now brimming my eyes. I put it down and fell to my knees hugging her close to my body. I didn’t like the flower all that much but it was amazing what she had done just for me. She held me close and kissed my cheek.
“You have earned it.” She said in my ear. I then stood and wiped away the tears.
“I will be sure to gather as many berries as possible to repay you for this gift.” I said moving to pick it up. When I had it in my arms I moved to the edge of the forest and turned around and smiled at my mom. She smiled back but then her face brightened as if something had happened she had never imagined would happed had.
“Come here dear.” I heard from my left ear. I then turned to see my father standing tall. He held something in his hand. I didn’t know what it was but I moved to my father anyway. He pulled me into a warm loving hug as soon as I had gotten close to him. Then I felt him slip something into my belt. “There a beautiful knife to fit my beautiful daughter.” It was an amazingly crafted knife where the bone had but cut down to form a handle. It had a hole threw the bottom of the hilt where a string hung that held a object was a figurine. The wolf was howling to the sky and yet it was howling to me it seemed. It was the exact same knife that I had in my dream……my vision… I jumped into my fathers arms pulling him close.
“It is amazing father!” I said in an excited tone. “Why must you all spoil me so!......” I paused. “Did you get anything for Living Water?” I asked in a worried tone.
“Yes of course we got something for your sister!” My parents said at the same time. I breathed a sigh of relief and turned to where I had set down my basket.
“Well I must be off now.” I said touching my knife and my basket in amazement that my parents had taken so much time out of their time without me knowing for me! I then turned to the forest and went to my favorite place to gather berries in the forest. I began to run as fast as I could into the small clearing that seemed to have a million berry bushes. It was a far distance from camp so I could be calm and talk to myself without anyone over hearing what I was saying. “They spend all of that time on me! It’s amazing that they can care for me that much when I have been so rude to them for my name. I had done all of my duties without arguing with them though……. That must be why they did that for me!” I then made my across the clearing to one trap I had set up a week ago. I looked down at it to see it had caught a rabbit. Luckily it died instantly from the snare catching it by the neck. I removed the rabbit from the snare and made my way back to camp with my kill and my basket full of berries.

That night after the ceremony I made my way back to our wiki-up to gather everything I needed for the trap. I recalled everything I had done in the dream and after I did I quickly slipped out of my ceremony shirt and into the one that I had worn in the dream. It smelled of elk and other land animals, but never the less I put it on and pulled on my sandals. I slipped my knife into my belt and grabbed my bag filling it with the rabbit we had cooked that night. I then made my way past everyone that was now fast asleep. I turned to the trees and began my run to the rock surface I would meet the wolf that was now calling my name.
Back to top Go down
A5018
The Alpha Wolf
A5018

Female Location : In my room, In the Dark with Music on
Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: My story I have to write on Native americans   My story I have to write on Native americans EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:50 pm

I WUB THIS STORY ^-^
Back to top Go down
https://darkwolfforums.rpg-board.net
Yachiru
Online Good Guy
Yachiru

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: My story I have to write on Native americans   My story I have to write on Native americans EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Tehehehe good rate it you tardo
Back to top Go down
Lippy!!
Know How
Lippy!!

Female Location : Waiting for Singles Awareness Day to get over.
Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: My story I have to write on Native americans   My story I have to write on Native americans EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:15 pm

I diddnt even read it and i Know it is great *because of first sentance* LOL i give it a................ 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.................. Wait How high can i go?
Back to top Go down
Yachiru
Online Good Guy
Yachiru

Capricorn Rat

PostSubject: Re: My story I have to write on Native americans   My story I have to write on Native americans EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:47 am

10 lol OHHH IS IT CHARLIE?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Lippy!!
Know How
Lippy!!

Female Location : Waiting for Singles Awareness Day to get over.
Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: My story I have to write on Native americans   My story I have to write on Native americans EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:25 am

nope just a cute pic that explains me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My story I have to write on Native americans   My story I have to write on Native americans Empty

Back to top Go down

My story I have to write on Native americans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Wolf Forums :: School Chat-
Jump to: